Saturday, March 5, 2011

A lil tiny step

I am a tiny/marginal step away from being a work slave of my work life.

IF the HR ever calls me for an interview and if I get pass the interview, I will be offered a 3-6month contract. And IF I am an exceptional performer, who knows I might be offered a perm position after the contact?

Well projecting ahead of the prior three steps, I'm perfectly fine with a 3 months contract. But the problem lies if the contract stated is more than 3 months: my graduation trip will be inevitably be affected.

I have no freaking idea what kind of contract the HR will tend to offer, but well I will still take up the contract (if offered) as this presents a rare opportunity for me to learn the back/mid operations of a bank. Aside from the uncompetitive pay (as compared to the public service), I believe I will be able find more value add in this potential contract offer.

IF things don't really turn out well, I think I might end up in a position where I have to forsake my grad trip (which I really really hate to). I hate giving empty promises and last minute pull plugging my group, especially my China friend - I promise I will give you a clarification ASAP. Apparently the best outcome for the trip would

  • Being rejected before/during the interview
  • Potential (10 day?!) leave grant from the new potential contract job
Both which are unfavourable to my career prospects. Well, life is full of opportunity costs. It really depends how you are going to weigh them out carefully.

P.S: the whole entry boils down to the very first IF. So to those concerned people, please don't panic at this stage and re-read the journal. Way too many assumptions prior to panicking. :)

No comments: