
Me (W) and Partner (E) NS passed everything; W P, E 2NT, W 3D (transfer), E 3H,W 4NT(RKC), W 5S(my partner showed me 2 Aces with queen?!), W (I was like omg wtf) Signed off as 6H.
Turned out my partner was very upset to play in a 7 card fit. I mean well, I don't blame her and I would kindly play in her place if I could! Well according to the hand record a.k.a answer sheet, 6H is actually achievable only at the lead of 7 of hearts by South and North has to duck to promote West's 9 of hearts as the winner ( well, this is a super unlikely trump promotion?! ) - morale of the story is 6H is an insane bid. But still, there is some hope to set the contract right??
Cross over to AS, attempt a failure JD finesse and on whatever North returns, everything will be good. Pull the 2 remaining trumps and discard your last loser club.
Oh well, I took the gamble of W having 3 carded Hearts and ample points, plus my lovely diamonds and spade singleton. Well lesson learn is:
- Sometimes when you take risk, make sure you only take risk with computer A.I or a super forgiving partner
- Or make sure you play the insane contract instead of your partner.
No comments:
Post a Comment