Saturday, May 14, 2011

Susan

I shall refrain calling my bridge partner "tai tai" and address her properly by her name from now on. Her name is Susan Wee.

She's a very nice person, considering her social standings and family wealth. Although she can be blunt and crude in the bridge table, she is a very kind heart person (at least to people she likes - which includes me)

I think the reason why she likes me is because I don't scold her like what others do. Now days, I play to enjoy and relax. Not so much competition, just to have fun.

I was especially touched on the past Friday when she called me and talked to me about her younger days (shared her youth experience and hardship). People of such wealth status normally will not bother to interact with normal peasants like me. But well, I am still very thankful for her sharing sessions.

When she knew that I was looking for a job, she immediately referred me to her husband (a senior VP in a foreign bank). Not only that, when she knew I went for an interview, she offered to pray(she's a christian/catholic I think) for the good turnout of the interview ( I am still not very confident with the interview, oh wells ). She even volunteered to help me ask her church friends(apparent she has huge connection. Really huge, shall refrain from saying names. Lets just say, CEOes etc..)

In her, I see being humble, having integrity as a virtue. I will strive to remain as humble as much as I can. :)

P.S: Mitch, thanks for introducing me contract bridge to me. Not only I get to know such a wonderful game, I get to know many great people. :)

No comments: