I would say this will be my third marathon I will be doing, but I promise every experience will be absolutely different.
So 10 days more to marathon, how much are you prepared? I know full time students are all having exams/ had exams, abit difficult for them to clock mileage; also, alot of my friends doing such a long distance for the 1st time. So what should you do for these 10days?
a) Try to clock a mileage of half marathon before going. Its very realistic in the sense that you know where is the "half-way" point that day and would be mentally prepared for it.
b) Sleep early! Start sleeping early from now! No more late night chats! No more DoTAs at night! No more night bridging! oops =x ; you need to be fully conditioned to run at optimum that day.
c) Start eating staple food everyday! Eat rice, noodles that offer rich carbohydrates to stock up energy!
d) Never skip meals. I know some people skipping meals apparently for no reasons. You need the energy to run that day! No need me to remind you on MSN already ok?
e) Hydrate yourself very often. Please bring a water bottle out with you to enforce drinking discipline.
f) Stop running 2-3 days prior to the main race. You need to conserve energy for the big day!
Thats all I could think of. I will try to blog again for tips regarding the main race itself. Cheers!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Some marathon tips for first timers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment