How do you usually define success? Or rather, what makes you feel successful?
To me, instead of looking at how much $$, how many exes he/she has, I see success as a summation of three parts ( in order of importance): a) EQ, b) FQ and c)IQ
a) EQ
Its definitely not something you can study through your textbook and learn. Its something that takes time (usually a long period), and it requires you to constantly think and be sensitive to others. Simply, the more sensitive you are to your environment, the more EQ you have. Sounds easy, but its definitely one of the most difficult quotient out of the three. A successful leader is usually compassionate in the sense that he is sensitive to his followers and can put himself in their shoes.
b) FQ
No matter how successful you are, if you have the least sense of your own personal finance, you are as good as nothing! Robert Kiyosaki shared his story about his rich and poor dads and the outcome was pretty simple - the rich dad who managed his own wealth well led a happier and better life! Learning to manage with your $$ is important as well to be successful!
c) IQ
I believe this is the least important among the three as academic intelligence and the probability of success is known to have poor correlation -> statistically proven! Proves the saying of 小时了了,大未必佳。Its not that IQ is not important, but an average IQ level is good enough to succeed! Having a better than average IQ only means you are somewhat better in knowledge processing and probably proficient in doing "tests".
I think out of 100 for each quotients, I will probably do worst for EQ. I will rate myself 60 for EQ ( I will try to do something to it!) , 90 for FQ and probably for 75 for IQ. What about you people?? =)
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Success
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
but srey, the mean/average for IQ tests is 100, std deviation 15! hahaha. (:
-lu
Post a Comment