Monday, September 28, 2009

Contract Bridge I

Had 1 solid 3hrs of contract lessons from SJTU bridging club ( in mandarin =x )

Was super not use to contract style and I find my previous knowledge in floating bridge was more of a hindrance than help. The fact that your partner is directly across you means you do not bid as you like. And surprisingly, none of them plays floating bridge!

There's this guru there that not only can memorized suits at ease, but can tell u the probability of who's holding what cards with superb precision. For example, he can roughly tell the probabilty of either of the players holding K & Q, K only, Q only or none. He claims that all this statistics must be memorized ( omg la ?! )

But seriously, I play bridge to enjoy the game, not to be SO competitive. So I would appreciate less aggressive teaching ( they teach super aggressively, machiam all lecturers like that ). Also, I find communication a big barrier, since I'm not used to hearing all the bridging terms in mandarin.

Lets try: “要算能赢几吨牌?,勾,无将,草花,将牌。” Who wanna give a shot in trying to translate these 5 terms? =p

CB is on every monday and wednesday and I'm kinda forward looking to them! =)

No comments: