Its a very memorable and wonderful run to me. My total timing is 4hr39mins and I am very satisfied with this current timing despite lack of training.
Lets do a brief comparison between this marathon and the sg marathons I've did.
Pros
1) The weather is superb. Running at an average of 10degs is definitely something no one will experience in SG. Imagine I finished with real minimal sweat.
2) The roads are SO much wider. Can't compare with our dear ECP.
3) There are seriously good tiongs out there. They saved me by giving me free bananas and raisins!
4) The energy drink station is sooooo much better. They just give out bottles of glatorade instead of petty little 100 plus cups.
5) The Chineses are pretty much better runners than Singaporeans. Imagine I'm few of the last among them.
6) I can almost hear "jiayou" every km. Its not only by the volunteers by all these Beijing people. Imagine they had to withstood the bloody cold weather to "jiayou" for us!
7) Alot of old folks are running as well! I was so motivated after seeing them running along side with me. One of this ah pei even pulled me along when I was slowing down!
Cons
1) Was REALLY cold in the morning. Frequent wind blows really chill you right down to the bone.
2) I'm hearing "koooo-pui" every one minute. Gosh, I seriously wonder why they have SOOOO much phlem.
3) I saw this ah pei doing his "big business" on one of the highway. Seriously, this is what I call culture shock. And I swore I saw his balls dangling. =x
Its seriously one of the best and unforgettable runs I've did.
Jiayou Beijing!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Beijing International Marathon 09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment