Monday, May 3, 2010

Best night ever!

I had just played with one of the best bridge player I've ever met.

He looks like a CEO(from his gestures and speaking), a grumpy old man at first, but turns out to be a damn good guy who is patient with me!

I must admit that despite playing safe, I have made some silly bids but I've managed to cut down on my mistakes and even won his praise! =D

He was very patient with me, explained clearly and carefully after every game. I was very touched by his patience!

The last game was particularly memorable. He opened 1C, the opponent doubled, I replied with 1S with a minimum hand of 7HCP and 4 number spades. He replied 2S and the auction was eventually won by the opponents with 4H.

When he led a spade, to both our horror, the left hand side opponent had ALL the top honors of S. We were like having the "omfg face, heng we never won the bid with 2S". We could have been MURDERED, as he claims, at the end of the game. We were damn lucky to just defeat their contract. Both of us were like "whewwww..." at the very last game.

Playing 52 games in 1 day was never easy. But it was very rewarding and I felt much more experienced!

Bridge brings different kind of people together! I'm loving it!

No comments: