Sunday, July 17, 2011

Interesting hands of the day III




















Today's game with a new partner, Mary, was great. Very relaxed and no pressure, that's why we played not too bad today.

For the above and below hands, I am seated in North.

#26 - Bidding goes: E&W pass everything; S:1C, N:1S, S:1NT(minimum 12-15HCP), N:6NT!

My reasoning was: Oh wth.. With no fit and 18HCP, I felt that 6NT was a little gamble but quite worth the gamble.

Gamble paid off as Mary made this 6NT and my partners' in the opposing table defeated a 7NT (insanely overly bid contract, on the same hands #26)





















#22 - I personally like this hand the most.

E/S/W passed for the first round, leaving me to open a strong 2C. E:3H! (Opponent decided to be funny and came in with a weak jump overcall over his rubbish H suit. S:3S(Mary decided to come in with a rubbish 3S. I personally felt that 4D would be a better bid as I interpreted her 3S bid as a 5 carded S suit.) W: 4H. N:6S!

My reasoning for a 6S - My hand has only 1 potential loser and I've interpreted my partner with a decent 5 carder S suit with some values. I din't even bother to use a 4NT to ace ask!

My opponent made our live easier by underleading the H ace, giving my partner a free C discard. Was very happy when I knew that the other table's opponents only found a 3NT while I've managed to sniff out a slam. Damn happy! :)

Oh wells, I will work hard from tomorrow to find work. Jiayous!

No comments: