Monday, September 29, 2008

Wedding dinner II

Attended Jiacai (JC)'s brother wedding dinner yesterday. For those unclear, just take it that his family and mine have long old ties. (more than 1 decade old)

So I happened to sit on the "heng dai" - brothers' table of the groom. All the brothers' of the groom were from MSHS. So yea, I expect all my MSHS buddies to be my brothers next time. None of you can escape - Jig, melvin JC etc.. Muahaha.

Well apparently, all my seniors there went to oversea universites like CMU, Imperial etc.. Which is OMG la. When they ask me what/where im doing, I also paiseh. =/ U can really see the vast distinct difference between the quality of marists produced in difference of 7 years.

So.. Working life is indeed really different. I observed 3 patterns among them: a) very anal about bosses (including my bro), b) all agreeable that uni life is MUUUUCH better (which I also agree), c) very work oriented despite not liking the nature of the job.

Myth a) Bosses out there eat you alive- according to them. Well, with my relative little experience of working in BGSS, I believe that you have to meet the correct boss to enjoy a nice working r/s with them. Your boss is very crucial to your morale of work etc. However, I believe that everywhere is the same - curry favouring skill is strong correlated to promotion.

Myth b) Some of them told me they missed the CHOICE of not attending lectures, tutorials etc, which im pretty agreeable with. Well, you still have choice to miss your work in the outside work, but well.. You're putting your credibility, your peer/boss apprasial on the line. Also, missing your work means DOUBLE the work at home, not including reading emails. =D

Myth c) I believe once you start working, you have to be 24/7 contactable, which explains work-orientation. Especially the start of 5 day week few years back, SGeans are more work oriented as workload cannot be finished within the weekday and hence, they have to work extra efficiently and faster to clear the workload.

So, I promise to treasure my uni days by playing as hard as I can! XD

No comments: