I just happened to think of this topic on the way home, while crossing the traffic light, super random.
Suddenly I thought of the rich people I knew - Warren Buffett, some of my relatives and gave a good thought about how to be rich, why are they rich etc. I would like to attribute to:
Luck - I would like to credit this factor the most. Believe it anot, luck ( generally ) plays a large factor of wealth accumulation. 1 example I thought of was 4D - buy what open what. But this is a very layman and poor example to illustrate such a powerful factor.
Luck to meet the correct person at the correct time - World no 1 richest investor Warren Buffett actually met his mentor, Benjamin Graham during his early days. And all this ultimately is attributed by luck. W/o luck, he wouldn't meet BG who taught him value investing etc. W/o luck, he might only be able to meet BG during his deathbed. ( v extreme i know )
Also, a couple of my relatives actually had very fortunate bosses that took very good care of them; shared stock tips with them etc. It really takes certain affinity to meet them, not mentioning working under them.
I think Im quite lucky up to now. I've met a very nice boss when I worked in the school and was taught alot ( esp human relation ). And I think such soft skills are really essential in current/future context. Though I aint exactly rich now, but I guess being knowlegably rich is also sufficient right? =)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Rich and luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment