Sunday, May 17, 2009

Conventional wisdom

Conventional wisdom can withstand the challenge of time.

And I'm a staunch believer of this saying: like poles repel. As proved scientifically (and conventionally ), there are reasons why people say this.

One of the main reasons why I broke up years ago was that she and I were too alike in certain ways. We had equal fiery temperament. We could not see eye to eye in certain things and none of us is even willing to take a small step back.

And one of the main reasons why I can't get along with certain people. I have equally high ego ( though I managed to trimmed it slightly recently ) and straightforwardness. People with similar characteristics simply cannot tolerate the other. I would say these two characteristics are an unholy combination: straightforward people tend to hurt other people's ego.

I recently brought down my ego and talked to a friend that I haven't talked to for 1/2 year. I guess its just simply because I felt really dumb over that particular incident. And the fact that I may not see this fellow for quite some time soon. Who knows what might happen to either of us?

Just as the Chinese say: a wave not yet subsided is followed by another more stormy one. I believed I had enough coverage of this matter in my previous few entries, but one thing to note was the main reason we could not get along was because of our temper and ego. I would say this fellow resembled me the most among my female friends, which was the main reason why we could not see eye to eye.

I believed JC had a first hand experience of my coldness. And i think its gonna to be a pretty long winter between me and her. *A chew!*

Just a word of cautious to whomever it might be: it pays to rethink your own values. Don't let money and near term gains corrupt your values. A person without proper values is as good as a soulless and depthless one. I read such people like storybooks. Predictable and boring.

No comments: