Saturday, May 2, 2009

Patience

They say patience is a virtue. But apparently Im really lacking it.

I've sold some of my stocks prematurely because I dun have patience for it to rise further.

I've scolded my tutee because I dun have patience for slow learners.

I hate waiting for late people because I dun have patience.

I hate waiting for email/sms replies as well.

Today, my tutuee's father told me to be patient with his son. I was sooooo ashamed after hearing this. He must have heard me scolding his boy. I must say he has a point and I will work hard not to lose my cool. I am damn proud today for not making the boy cry ( usually I scold till he cry ). But I gonna try even harder to be patient with slow children.

I will try to take things at my own stride from now on and relax. I have been telling my friends that since certain things are well beyond your control, there's no point losing your cool over it. I think I should heed this advice from myself more often. I will work on my patience.

Patience is certainly a virtue.

2 comments:

NyB said...

pls don't scold me, im a slow person too~ =(

xw said...

indeed!心胸开阔一下,会让你看到、得到更多。also to be able to 沉得住气, will bring u a long way. =)